“Jazz is meant for dancing” is once again proved true by Dutch superjazz formation BRUUT!
The best-dressed band from The Netherlands (Esquire, 2016) has reinvented itself in collaboration with producer Paul Willemsen (of Michelle David & The Gospel Sessions, Ruben Hein, Blackbird). The band’s 5th album V is a stomping, high-energy record full of grooves and grease.
But is it jazz? Surf? Rock? It doesn’t matter. Just enjoy it!
As Joshua Redman once said about BRUUT!: “Tightly woven tunes with a free, open spirit. Fun wild party vibe. Serious cats” One thing is certain: while listening to BRUUT! anything is possible, except keeping your feet on the floor.
Maarten Hogenhuis – sax
Folkert Oosterbeek – hammond
Thomas Rolff – double bass
Felix Schlarmann – drums
- 29-09 '19 FarmStead, Westbroek
- 22-11 '19 Bibelot, Dordrecht
- 30-11 '19 Jazz in de Winkel, Zaandam
- 04-12 '19 Luxor Live, Arnhem
- 06-12 '19 Neushoorn, Leeuwarden
- 13-12 '19 Paradox, Tilburg
- 14-12 '19 Kroepoekfabriek, Vlaardingen
- 15-12 '19 TivoliVredenburg, Utrecht
- 20-12 '19 't Beest, Goes
- 09-04 '20 Patronaat, Haarlem
After a sold out album release at Bimhuis last Friday and Muziekgebouw Eindhoven on Saturday, the first reviews for Superjazz are rolling in! Flophouse Magazine: “BRUUT! appeals to the hearts and minds of jazz and popular music fans that appreciate tongue-in-cheek, uplifting tunes performed with deftness and unbridled enthusiasm.” Dutch news paper Het Parool wrote [..] »
- 31-01 BRUUT! @ De Wereld Draait Door »
- 18-11 BRUUT! wins award, announces new album »
- 29-06 BRUUT! on tour in Spain again »
- 19-05 BRUUT! on tour in Japan & Spain »