“Jazz is meant for dancing” is once again proved true by Dutch superjazz formation BRUUT!
The best-dressed band from The Netherlands (Esquire, 2016) has reinvented itself in collaboration with producer Paul Willemsen (of Michelle David & The Gospel Sessions, Ruben Hein, Blackbird). The band’s 5th album V is a stomping, high-energy record full of grooves and grease.
But is it jazz? Surf? Rock? It doesn’t matter. Just enjoy it!
As Joshua Redman once said about BRUUT!: “Tightly woven tunes with a free, open spirit. Fun wild party vibe. Serious cats” One thing is certain: while listening to BRUUT! anything is possible, except keeping your feet on the floor.
Maarten Hogenhuis – sax
Folkert Oosterbeek – hammond
Thomas Rolff – double bass
Felix Schlarmann – drums
- 19-07 '19 Concertgebouw, Amsterdam
- 20-07 '19 Kadeconcert, Utrecht
- 23-07 '19 Totaalfestival, Bladel
- 10-08 '19 concert hall "Dzintari", Jurmala
- 11-08 '19 concert hall "Dzintari", Jurmala
- 16-08 '19 Haarlem Jazz & More, Haarlem
- 23-08 '19 Sint Rosa Festival, Sittard
- 24-08 '19 Stortemelk, Vlieland
- 25-08 '19 Bostheater, Ommen
- 03-09 '19 Jazzhouse Open Air, Hamburg
After a sold out album release at Bimhuis last Friday and Muziekgebouw Eindhoven on Saturday, the first reviews for Superjazz are rolling in! Flophouse Magazine: “BRUUT! appeals to the hearts and minds of jazz and popular music fans that appreciate tongue-in-cheek, uplifting tunes performed with deftness and unbridled enthusiasm.” Dutch news paper Het Parool wrote [..] »
- 31-01 BRUUT! @ De Wereld Draait Door »
- 18-11 BRUUT! wins award, announces new album »
- 29-06 BRUUT! on tour in Spain again »
- 19-05 BRUUT! on tour in Japan & Spain »