It is artists such as Steffen Morrison that keep the old soul sound alive and give it a new and exciting twist. With his belief in and passion for the genre he is able to surprise and convince nearly everyone.
Steffen was raised with the tunes moves & grooves of James Brown, Otis Redding and Marvin Gaye as well as the harmonious tones of The Crystals, the rock of The Rolling Stones and the lyrics of Lou Reed. His musical background consists of a wild mix of influences to which he adds his own ingredients. With his passionate performance he not only surprises and seduces just the music fanatics, his appearance and sound appeals to a very broad audience.
September 2016 marks the release of his EP Just Another Man, containing the successful single Do It All Again. Steffen recorded this EP together with well-known Dutch songwriter and producer Tjeerd Oosterhuis after which he presented his newest music in a brimming Paradiso. Later that year Steffen did spectacular performances at, amongst others, the Uitmarkt in Amsterdam. Steffen has also performed multiple times in Dutch prime time tv show De Wereld Draait Door as well as at several radio stations like Radio 2 and 3FM.
In January 2017 Steffen released the catchy single All For You, which he once again recorded with Tjeerd Oosterhuis. Shortly after the release Morrison and his own ‘Band Of Brothers’ put on a spectacular show at the showcase festival Noorderslag.
Besides all of this Steffen played the main role in theatre production I’m A Soulman last year. The play is based on the remarkable story of the legendary STAX record label and features Steffen singing multiple STAX classics. The play will be continued with more shows in the fall of 2017.
This summer Steffen Morrison and his Band of Brothers will be playing festivals all over the Netherlands.
– Edison Jazz/World Soul & Beyond nomination for EP Just Another Man
– Show at Noorderslag 2017
– Multiple performances at radio and tv shows like DWDD, 3FM, Radio 2 and Koffietijd
– Over 30 festival shows in 2017 at amongst others. Openluchttheater Caprera, Manana Manana and Haarlem Jazz & More
– Guest performances with, amongst others: Sven Hammond, Michelle David & The Gospel Sessions, Bakermat
– EP Just Another Man Radio 1 album of the week
– The leading role in I’m A Soulman
– Support shows for, amongst others: Gregory Porter, Joss Stone, Maceo Parker and Raphael Saadiq
- 18-08 '17 Haarlem Jazz & More , Haarlem
- 19-08 '17 Pukkelpop, Hasselt
- 20-08 '17 Vondelpark Openluchttheater, Amsterdam
- 20-08 '17 Oude Haven Zomerfestival, Rotterdam
- 25-08 '17 Uitmarkt , Amsterdam
- 02-09 '17 IJsselfestein , Ijsselstein
- 10-09 '17 IJsseljazz , Gorssel
- 07-10 '17 Grote Kerk, Groede
- 05-11 '17 De Pul , Uden
- 23-12 '17 Muziekgebouw, Eindhoven
Steffen Morrison has received an Edison Jazz/World nomination for his EP ‘Just Another Man’. The EP has been nominated in the category Soul & Beyond. Last year Steffen recorded ‘Just Another Man’ in collaboration with well known producer and songwriter Tjeerd Oosterhuis. Resulting in a five track EP containing the critically well received single ‘Do [..] »
- 13-01 Steffen Morrison releases ‘All For You’ »
- 18-11 Steffen Morrison at Noorderslag 2017 »
- 15-09 Steffen Morrison at DWDD »
- 09-09 Steffen Morrison’s EP is out now! »
- 13-07 Release show Steffen Morrison in Paradiso »