Eight years. Three albums: BRUUT! (2012), Fire (2013), Mad Pack (2015). Twelve countries and an Edison nomination. Esquire’s Best Dressed Band in 2016 and a theater tour with Wilfried de Jong.
BRUUT! never stands still.
Over the years, the band has made fans sweat, shout and above all dance, from Nagasaki to the West Frisian Islands. Mean Hammond sounds, hard grooves and 60s surf merge into a danceable mix. Now, in 2017, they’ve released their fourth record: Superjazz.
Their newest album Superjazz (2017) is as diverse as the music that inspires BRUUT!. The term with which the band has so often been identified these past few years is embraced wholeheartedly on the new album. BRUUT! is much more than just jazz. Superjazz
Flophouse Magazine: “BRUUT! appeals to the hearts and minds of jazz and popular music fans that appreciate tongue-in-cheek, uplifting tunes performed with deftness and unbridled enthusiasm.”
**** – Het Parool (Dutch news paper)
**** – Lust For Life Magazine
Maarten Hogenhuis – sax
Folkert Oosterbeek – hammond
Thomas Rolff – double bass
Felix Schlarmann – drums
- 03-12 '17 Club Dauphine, Amsterdam
- 08-12 '17 De Nieuwe Anita, Amsterdam
- 13-12 '17 Paardcafé, Den Haag
- 13-01 '18 SS Rotterdam, Rotterdam
- 23-02 '18 Podium Mozaiek, Amsterdam
- 08-04 '18 Café Schiller, Aalten
- 15-04 '18 Jazz Societeit, Wassenaar
After a sold out album release at Bimhuis last Friday and Muziekgebouw Eindhoven on Saturday, the first reviews for Superjazz are rolling in! Flophouse Magazine: “BRUUT! appeals to the hearts and minds of jazz and popular music fans that appreciate tongue-in-cheek, uplifting tunes performed with deftness and unbridled enthusiasm.” Dutch news paper Het Parool wrote [..] »
- 31-01 BRUUT! @ De Wereld Draait Door »
- 18-11 BRUUT! wins award, announces new album »
- 29-06 BRUUT! on tour in Spain again »
- 19-05 BRUUT! on tour in Japan & Spain »